What equipment do you need to make a Bionic finger?
The components needed to make a bionic finger are:
- -A 3d printed finger. This component comes in 3 parts, the bottom part of your finger, the middle and the top. These 3 parts are the actual part of the finger that you will be moving using the code.
- -A sheet of overhead transparent plastic. This joins these 3 parts of the finger together.
-Fisherman's wire. This wire is what will physically move the finger.
-A hot glue gun and glue. This is what will be needed to stick everything together and to make sure that it is secure.
- -A glove. The glove allows the flex sensor to be put on and to imitate whatever movements are being made by the finger in the glove.
- -Flex sensor. This senses how the finger in the glove is moving so that it can communicate with the audino board and allow the finger to move accordingly.
- -Arduino board. The Arduino board is what stores the code and information and what communicates it to the computer.
- -A computer is also needed so that the code can be written on the Audino computer coding program.
- -A USB cable to transmit the information from the computer to the Audino board and vice versa.
- -A microservo. This device is what moves and pulls the fisherman's wire so that the finger can move.
- -A sturdy board to attach the finger to.
- -Batteries and a case. These make it so the audino board has power and is mobile.